Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dear Kyle,

I am sorry it has taken so long for me to write; things here have been quite busy. First, I want to congratulate you on your well-deserved Champion; I know my heart skipped a beat when I saw you. With Terri's expert handling, I am sure the crowds will be asking for an encore performance. Now you have the title to match your Champion heart.

Now, dear, let me tell you about our children.




We had septuplets, but two little angels joined my Grandmamma at the Rainbow Bridge. The remaining quintuplets are beautiful! I don't want to say the children look like either of us…not yet, anyway…they have moved from the overstuffed-sausages-with-legs stage to the sleepy-ground-squirrel stage. They gave me quite a stir the first time the started walking and crying at the same time! I was used to little lumps crying, but the walking made me nervous as I was afraid I was going to step on someone. I made Margie hold them back while I got into position for feeding.

The boys have your calm and confident temperament. Two of the girls are sweet, one of the girls is quite a muzzleful! One of the little girls is going home with Margie and Jerry's son and daughter-in-law. Their son, Nick, just returned from Iraq. During the deployment, all he talked about was getting a puppy; I think I told you, his dog, Luke, died 2 days after Nick's return from a Kosovo deployment in 2005. Anyway, this little one's name is Izabelle and she already snuggles up to them. Nick was in tears the day Izabelle fell asleep in his arms. She will take obedience classes, jog with them, and go to the National Guard base to pester soldiers who think Standards aren't a "man's dog." Nick's wife is a nanny for triplets. She helped deliver our children and comes over everyday. I know Izabelle will be happy and safe with them. I want you to know, dear, that our children will all have good homes.

Kyle, I also want you to know how happy I am to tell our children about you and I hope someday they will make you proud.

Martha




Kyle's Champion


It just happened a short time ago, at the Badger Kennel Club show, May 4, 2008, under judge Mr Eugene Blake. Terri Meyers did a great job handling Kyle. Leslie is very happy for the accomplishment, and now, at three, Kyle is home in Florida.

No comments: