Friday, June 27, 2008

Humans are so much fun to play with!

Margie took down my whelping box because the kids were escaping…it was so cute to see them running around the bedroom while Margie was at work! The kids had a good opportunity to develop their individual talents. Kayla loved hiding under the bed with Tate and then lunging out at Piper and Avery. Avery doesn't like getting pounced on…he likes to be quietly dignified. He reminds me of a lion; he likes to command attention. Piper, who is just like her great-grandmother, Hope, carried on about things not being fair. I know I am going to have a battle with that girl when she grows up! Piper really likes to push my buttons now! She thinks she is in charge, but I am. Hope raised some of us when mom (Ripley) was in the hospital. I learned early on not to mess with Hope! She was an angel, but kept all of us in line; I am trying to emulate Hope. Mom was more of a free-spirit and didn't care if we left toys out. Hope wanted everything in its place and no one could take the special toys; she told us they were for older dogs and we would have to wait until we grew up. Well, that is exactly how I am running things…besides, now I am grown up! The kids didn't mess anything up while they were running around, and I put my special toys on Margie's bed so they couldn't get to them.

Well, yesterday Margie put up the Giant Kennels in her room so she could put two pups/cage while she was at work. Poor dear! You should have seen her face when she came home and found Kayla, Avery, and me greeting her at the bedroom door. There was no mess; I am teaching the kids to hold their….well, you know…and they did just fine. Piper and Tate had to stay in the kennel and watch the three of us have a wonderful and free morning. I really did feel bad for them, but I couldn't open the other cage since it had a double latch (I think I will try to work on it tonight when Margie is asleep). Margie said she will get a combination lock this afternoon….poor human! A combination lock will only work if she hides the combination…after all, I AM a Standard Poodle!

Martha

No comments: